Saturday, January 8, 2011

Further In...

True story: I wanted to call this blog "Stories and Pictures," but that seemed sort of blah. I'm fond of alliteration, so the next choice was "Images and Ideas." Hmm...that had possibilities. After all, I really only wanted to start a blog in order to have a place to put some of the photos I've taken and the things I wanted to say about them. I didn't get the nod of approval from the Queen of the Blog (who shall remain nameless; suffice it to say that she helped me set this up), so I cast about for other ideas. What then sprang into my mind is the title you now see: Further Up and Further In, from the C.S. Lewis book The Last Battle. That's the ticket!

I expect this to be a journey of sorts, a journey that takes me further in to the grace and beauty that God sets before me every day, but which I ordinarily do not see. I hope to journey further up as well, up into God's country where I may think and (hopefully) write with clarity. At a time in my life when words are beginning to fail me, this is no small hope indeed.

Come with me, further up and further in!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I am privileged to be your chosen few followers. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your journey! Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete