Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Seasons Pass








How we all anticipate the Christmas season...and then how short it seems. As I look at these photos of ornaments, I see the years pass by, years of Christmas celebrations. The one at the top was an ornament that belonged to my parents-in-law, no doubt placed on the Christmas tree that Kris looked upon as a child. The other ornaments tell stories as well: our first Christmas with a baby, our Christmases in New Ulm (the handpainted ball with the Glockenspiel on it was given to us by friends when we moved). Each Christmas has been different, significant in its own way and yet each has been tied to all the others by the common thread of celebrating Jesus. The seasons may pass, but Christ Jesus is the same, yesterday and today, yes and forever!


2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! Have you been taking more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not nearly at the pace I thought I would. If you see anyhting photo-worthy, let me know!

    ReplyDelete