Thursday, January 12, 2017

Floating Cats

Floating Cats I

Cats appear to float
A slight breeze keeps them moving
They make me happy.

Floating Cats II

For weeks at a time
I don't see them, these 5 little cats
And then, an invisible current of air
Swirls around, moves them gently
And as peripheral vision catches it,
I give them my undivided attention.
This little bit of whimsy and beauty
Makes me happy.

Floating Cats III

They sat in a box, neglected and broken,
My mom couldn't throw them away.
Their silent mews to me were spoken-
I tell you I heard them that day!

I rescued them with a bit of string
I set things all aright.
To balance them was a tricky thing,
But eventually they took flight

And when in airy stillness they float
I blow and make them dance
A simple pleasure, a quiet note,
My life has been enhanced.

God’s in His heaven,
All’s right with the world.
Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment