Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mr. Shiny

Someone spotted this little fella by the back door one night.  Normally I don't get too excited about frogs; I'd rather that they stay in their world and I in mine.  However, this one was (warning: I'm about to say a very girly thing) -- as I was saying, this one was SO CUTE!   There it sat with its shiny green jacket on, clinging vertically to the wood in a way that illustrated its Creator's design.   I mean, look at those grippers!  Just by looking at the thing you can tell that it's doing just what it was made to do.  I admire that.  Would that people could say the same thing by looking at me.


Warning Part 2: boring camera details ahead.  Veer left!
Back to Mr. Shiny (much preferred over the name Mr. Slimy, I think).  I spent quite a bit of time fussing over the photos and could be heard mumbling things like "too dark.. "  "too bright..."  "blurry!"  "Way too blurry!"   Really, it's amazing that Mr. Shiny didn't just exit, stage left.  It's surprisingly difficult to get the camera to see just what I see.  Or maybe what I should say is that my mind makes all sorts of adjustments for the lighting so I see what I want to see; the camera tells the truth.   I wonder if that's why it's so easy to overlook sin in my life?  The heart is more deceitful than all else...  The camera of God's word is unsparing; if there's something hidden in the dark, He will illumine it.   And that, my friend, is a good thing.


In the end I dialed back the flash quite a bit and was reasonably happy with the results which you see here, although I'm not expecting calls from National Geographic any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment